The end of the World ... Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram and other social media are down!

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Seriously now, I use whatsapp extensively with clients and suppliers ... this is mayor PITA .... I wonder if they've been victim of an attack of some sort?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
They blew up their routing (it was an own goal). They pulled all their BGP routes and it made everything unreachable, including their internal communications apps and the card key system on the data centers.

They are back, mostly.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
They blew up their routing (it was an own goal). They pulled all their BGP routes and it made everything unreachable, including their internal communications apps and the card key system on the data centers.

They are back, mostly.
I wonder if heads are going to roll because of this...

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
It will take time to propagate. But it is coming back. All the BGP announcements are back to normal.
Speaking of which, I seen someone saying that Facebook is the cause to a lot of social media anger, making people more angry with each other and in general. Only caught a snippet, going before Congress I guess.

kv

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
it happens something just because of captions i use to try to use them at the same speed but captions take time to upload on Facebook statuses and Instagram captions so don't worry about the social media like Instagram and facebook here
Thank goodness you said that for a minute there I was starting to worry but no longer. what's Facebook?

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
You made me look up BGP ... I still don't understand what that's supposed to do, though
I seriously doubt it was BGP related. BGP is a routing protocol used between ISP routers to share IP routing information between networks all over the world. If it were BGP, there would be alot more than just FB, instagram down. The problem was probably cause by a local network administation error or servers outage(s).