The dawn of the atomic radio

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Last edited:

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
Speaking of radio receivers, it is possible to pick up AM on metal fillings in your teeth.

Maybe Silicon Valley and the psycho-pharm industry can develop the hardware and a Phone App called "Schizo". No need for Blue Tooth, you just hear voices and music in your head. :p

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Speaking of radio receivers, it is possible to pick up AM on metal fillings in your teeth.

Maybe Silicon Valley and the psycho-pharm industry can develop the hardware and a Phone App called "Schizo". No need for Blue Tooth, you just hear voices and music in your head. :p
A long time ago some friends and I were exploring a mountain-top antenna farm which hosted many microwave repeaters...and I kept catching bits of speech from words to phrases in different voices when standing near a repeater. Maybe they were fillings rectifying RF. An alternate explanation is that the RF was causing localized heating in my inner-ears. It was very spooky. And then the antenna farm's caretaker showed up with his gun drawn and the day went downhill from there. Seems the gate across the road was supposed to be locked and somebody had cut the lock off before we got there.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
I listened to part of a baseball game on a bad microphone cable once but since I hate baseball, I repaired the bad solder joint.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I listened to part of a baseball game on a bad microphone cable once but since I hate baseball, I repaired the bad solder joint.
I hate to think what you might have done to the poor thing had it been a soap opera or a political debate. :D

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
I hate to think what you might have done to the poor thing had it been a soap opera or a political debate. :D
Had the signal been to my liking, I would have run it through a preamplifier and an equalizer to strengthen the weak signal and remove the high frequency noise but I don't think I had time for such indulgence as I was probably setting up for a rehearsal or performance.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Bouncing off meteor trails is for amateurs (Ham radio operators, that is). For really serious controlled ionization you need HAARP! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program
:eek:

HAARP is a target of conspiracy theorists, who claim that it is capable of "weaponizing" weather. Commentators and scientists say that advocates of this theory are uninformed, as claims made fall well outside the abilities of the facility, if not the scope of natural science.[5][6]