The circuit of 5V/50mA wind turbine and solar panel in series or parallel to output 12V.

micro1

Joined Feb 22, 2015
if I have 10 Pieces from solar cell and I have 10 Pieces from wind turbine everyone from solar and wind the out voltage equal 5V and current equal 50mA.

if I want to do a circuit in series or parallel , how I can do the circuit or (contact the solar and wind ) 12v from 10 Pieces solar cell and 10 Pieces wind ?

( this is not homework)

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I have no earthly idea what you are talking about. What does "10 Pieces from solar" even mean? Show a diagram or a schematic.

micro1

Joined Feb 22, 2015
I have no earthly idea what you are talking about. What does "10 Pieces from solar" even mean? Show a diagram or a schematic.
I have 10 pieces from solar cell , every pieces size is 7*3 cm and 5v ,50mA

how I can connect 10 pieces for solar cell and wind turban parallel or series , but the max Voltage equal 12v

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
If i understand your idea, you want to create 12V from solar panels in series with 5V panels,, so two panels in series is 10V, three in series is 15V!!!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The answer depends in part on what output you want, and on the details for each component. You haven't told us either.

The simplest way to connect different power sources is to place a blocking diode on each one, between the supply and the load. This ensures no current flows from the stronger supply into the weaker ones.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I have 10 pieces from solar cell , every pieces size is 7*3 cm and 5v ,50mA

how I can connect 10 pieces for solar cell and wind turban parallel or series , but the max Voltage equal 12v
Stop calling them pieces and start calling them "solar panels", that is what confused me. Nobody calls them "pieces", that term could mean anything.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
if I have 10 Pieces from solar cell and I have 10 Pieces from wind turbine everyone from solar and wind the out voltage equal 5V and current equal 50mA.

if I want do circuit from series or parallel , how I can do circuit or (contact the solar and wind ) 12v from 10 Pieces solar cell and 10 Pieces wind ?

( this is not homework)
5 V outputs in series increases in multiples of 5V. N way to end up with 12 V. 15 V and regulate it down to 12 V? 3 in series, 3 of those sets in parallel and one spare?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Stop calling them pieces and start calling them "solar panels", that is what confused me. Nobody calls them "pieces", that term could mean anything.
Why don't you just ignore the from or change to of as 10 Pieces of solar cell, and why you used "pieces" compared to "solar panels"?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I don't understand what you are saying Scott. Could you please express this thought with more clarity?
The TS said ------- if I have 10 Pieces from solar cell.
You can treat it as -- if I have 10 Pieces of solar cell

English is your native language, so I think you can guess that, there is no problem about it.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The TS said ------- if I have 10 Pieces from solar cell.
You can treat it as -- if I have 10 Pieces of solar cell

English is your native language, so I think you can guess that, there is no problem about it.
I apologize to you Scott and the rest of the community, but my ability to parse fractured English is not quite what you imagine it to be. It may have been obvious to you and it may have been obvious to others, but it wasn't obvious to me; that is why I asked for clarification.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I apologize to you Scott and the rest of the community, but my ability to parse fractured English is not quite what you imagine it to be. It may have been obvious to you and it may have been obvious to others, but it wasn't obvious to me; that is why I asked for clarification.
I'm not sure what's your situation, but to me when I met the foreigners in Taiwan, I will guess what they said in Mandarin or Taiwanese and what they are trying to express, and I would spoke out the correct word or sentence to them and asked them were those they were trying to say?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm not sure what's your situation, but to me when I met the foreigners in Taiwan, I will guess what they said in Mandarin or Taiwanese and what they are trying to express, and I spoke out out the correct word or sentence to them and asked them were those they were trying to say?
OK Scott, I will stipulate that you are a wonderful human being, a real mensch.

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
I'm always impressed by people who speak more than one language, even if the second language is somewhat broken. I've become very good at figuring out what non-native English speakers are trying to say, and it's actually fun to try to figure it out sometimes. It's often very logical, such as in this case. "10 pieces" is a very logical description of 10 panels.

Anyway, if I'm reading it correctly, you've got 10 solar panels and 10 wind generators, each of which will give 5v and 5mA output. Your goal is 12v output.
  1. What is more important to you, simplicity or efficiency?
  2. Is your goal to use the power directly or to store it in a battery?
  3. Are there data sheets available for your equipment?