The animals -- discuss with any kinds of animals.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Does it has poison?
What kinds of the snake?
Nope, Kaa is not poisonous. He is a Ball Python, approximately 3 months old. He will grow to be about 4 feet (~1.2 meters) long. They kill their prey by constricting it. Right now he is fed small mice, and their size will increase as he grows.

He is very friendly. In the photo he is curled up in my fiancee's hands. He has really bonded with her, he has never struck at either of us.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Nope, Kaa is not poisonous. He is a Ball Python, approximately 3 months old. He will grow to be about 4 feet (~1.2 meters) long. They kill their prey by constricting it. Right now he is fed small mice, and their size will increase as he grows.

He is very friendly. In the photo he is curled up in my fiancee's hands. He has really bonded with her, he has never struck at either of us.
How are you so sure your snake is a HE ?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
How are you so sure your snake is a HE ?
Funny you should ask. We have not gotten a definite answer. They tried sexing (it) at the pet store but were having trouble. Judging by his current size we expect it is a male, but it could still be a female. If it is she'll probably grow to be about 5 feet long.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012

If 1.2 meters is the longest he can grow up then it is not that long as I thought, I just thought that all the Python may grow up longer than 2 meters ... :)

I never raise snake, in our conception that the snake is not good for us, you can say that we have a little scared for snake, although I never like snakes, but I like to watch the videos about snakes or any kinds of wild animals.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Yep, he won't get too long. And 4 feet (1.2 meters) is longer than you'll ever see him--Ball pythons tend to stay balled up a lot, so you'll rarely see them stretched out to their full length, if ever.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
What I saw the pythons almost in the wild animal videos, and they were pretty big and long, so your new family should be the tiny type in pythons race.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
What I saw the pythons almost in the wild animal videos, and they were pretty big and long, so your new family should be the tiny type in pythons race.
You are exactly correct. For example, Burmese Pythons are MUCH larger (can grow to be more than 12 feet long, or about 3.65 meters) and can strangle a human to death. A ball python is very, very small compared to the Burmese. They make great pets :)

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Tragic! It was a murder/suicide pact. :(

Seriously, we have escaped constrictors eating everything in sight, from frogs to deers. It's a real mess!

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Ps, you're banned from Florida. The escaped squeezy snakes are eating our alligators! :eek:
I visited the everglades back in 2009 and saw one (run over) in the parking lot. Those were introduced by snake owners who didn't realize how big they actually get (the Burmese Pythons and the like) and released them into the wild. Ball pythons don't get very big, so most people aren't worried about their size.

@ScottWang that's quite an image! I'll have to watch the video some other time, but I think I've seen something like that before. Pretty intense.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Tragic! It was a murder/suicide pact. :(

Seriously, we have escaped constrictors eating everything in sight, from frogs to deers. It's a real mess!
I watched the video as you said and to do the researched how the pythons make destroyed many animals, and the pythons was import from other countries.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Having been finished raised in in the country, where we had 3 types of rattlers, cotton mouths, and copper heads in large quantities it left its mark. I don't really like snakes. Never thought of them being affectionate though.