Thank you

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I got banned over some bs for 3 days and many people emailed me and told me they understood what was going on and agreed with my statements. No big deal.

But I don't actually think I was banned, I think they just posted they were gonna ban me 3 days, but when I logged back in after 5 days I had no warnings or anything. Usually when I get banned I get a warning saying I've been banned for X reason.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I'll have to admit, your posts were getting a bit annoying, as you insisted on bringing up closed threads and arguing with the mods and other people. However, it's good to have you back.

Regards,
Matt

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I got banned over some bs for 3 days and many people emailed me and told me they understood what was going on and agreed with my statements. No big deal.

But I don't actually think I was banned, I think they just posted they were gonna ban me 3 days, but when I logged back in after 5 days I had no warnings or anything. Usually when I get banned I get a warning saying I've been banned for X reason.
No, you were banned, I saw your thread where Bill mentioned it and your status was "banned". Not entirely sure what happened there....

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It appears Max has decided to impose a self exile upon himself. He is not banned, but he and I did have words in PM.

The moderators here are kept very busy. We really do not need people who are out to "prove" something. I took objection to that statement, and sent a PM.

I am not here to prove anything. I have a job, it can be unpleasant at times, but I do it. I do not need people adding to the workload just to prove they can.

We do not always know how to handle situations, we are humans doing the best we can. It took a while to figure out how to handle the last crop of trolls, and some of the threads here do occasionally push the bounderies of good taste and judgement. Everything is a judgement call in most cases.

I did tell Max he is welcome back if he gets the itch. Meanwhile, maybe I can spend less time in off topic and more time in the things I joined this site for, namely electronics. Lately, for me, this forum has been more of a distraction. I monitor because it is part of the job I signed up for.

Nuff said.

Rbeckett

Joined Sep 3, 2010
Bill,
I Mod on a machinist site and sometimes it can be a test of my patience and others a test of my diplomatic skills. I don't have either sometimes, so No worries man, your doin fine. When I am faced with a pesky issue, I usually wait a day before I do anything. That gives me time to think clearly and decide the best approach for all involved. Have a great day.

Wheelchair Bob

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Naw. Loosie keeps things interesting, He doesn't have a mean streak anywhere as far as I can tell.

It is a little like a mission statement, I was so busy fighting forest fires I lost track of basics. This sites name is a great mission statement I think.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Bill,
I Mod on a machinist site and sometimes it can be a test of my patience and others a test of my diplomatic skills. I don't have either sometimes, so No worries man, your doin fine. When I am faced with a pesky issue, I usually wait a day before I do anything. That gives me time to think clearly and decide the best approach for all involved. Have a great day.

Wheelchair Bob
A friend of my is moderator in quite large forum. What they do in that forum. Then members start to act troublesome. Is to move them into user group there postings need to be approved by a moderator before it become visible. He says this is an excellent tool. As it stop a lot stupid postings. And after a while the troublemakers become very bored by this regime and split off to another forum

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
t06afre,

That is a good technique and it's labor intensive. If we had paid moderators, I'd recommend to Dave to pursue that avenue.