Texas Instruments Ti58/59 Battery Terminals

petermj

Joined Mar 28, 2013
I have a couple of old Ti58 and 59 calculators from Texas Instruments. The had a battery pack (3 AA rechargeable batteries) and they have leaked causing the battery terminals on the calculator motherboard to corrode and break off.

How / where can I get a replacement set of battery terminals for this calculator?

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
They are likely custom and repair parts are unlikely but.. Keystone makes a bunch of battery clips (and lots of other hardware stuff) so see if they have something that might work. Look under Products->Battery & Coin Cell Holders, Contacts & Clips

Sometimes you can buff/sand the tabs but if really corroded you won't have much luck. If you have some self-adhesive copper strip/foil etc. (used to be used for prototyping boards) you can stick a strip to the fouled tabs and solder to the board/wires. I've done that once or twice.

On the other hand, new calculators are pretty cheap...

Last edited:

petermj

Joined Mar 28, 2013
Hi, thanks for all the info; someone asked for a picture and so I'm attaching one... I hope this works, as it's my first attempt at a picture upload here!

FYI: The picture perhaps isn't that clear -- what it is showing are the two battery terminals that have snapped off (just after they have done a turn up from the PCB) There is still a small tag, but it just isn't long enough to make contact with the battery pack's terminals.

Attachments