Texas Inst. is just great.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
And to day FedeX called about a package and I went and they robbed me 25 bucks :confused:.
But the good news is.... Texas Instruments package arrived. ..
Horaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!. :D

Bummer!!!. :mad:
I have to go to the airport to collect 'em from customs. Those good for nothing.... they will hold even the smallest package.
No...no....no....it could be a bomb. or chemicals..... :mad:
they have to rip it open......

And if they find something they donno.....
Bingo!!!!... Huge customs fee.....yaaaaay!!! tea for every body..
Story of my Life.

You know that Airport is on a separate island don't you?
I hate traveling by sea....a whole day will go just to go there and get the package....
who wants me to take the camera with me....?
C'mon guys.....don't be shy.
I just like to know something you know......

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You are living in one of the most beautiful places in the world and you are complaining?

There is a price to pay for all of that beauty. :)

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
More or less the same here. Almost no islands but the same possibility of a bribe-driven guy who could create the situation just to ask for a "solution" under the counter.

Still recall the experience of receiving my three big manuals from Microchip.

And twice when receiving a simple box with marzipan bombons from Germany for Easter!

In a way or another I have been dealing with them all around the world for more than 30 years.

Are you asking if I love them? Better don't.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Atleast some members get something I was trying to say but it's not everything that I asked for....
Keep going..
I haven't got time to go to the airport yet.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey ... I got a second package but this time a fedex guy with the bond notice delivered.
And this one too robbed me of 25 Bucks.
And warned me to get them from airport with in 3 days or I have to pay damarage charges. :mad:
And it's been 3 days since they arrived and how the heck am I going to get 'em without paying those good for nothing custom .&%*).

God!! I really hate those retards.
They donno a component even it is hanging from their nuggets.
They will go online and search and search to find he most expensive price and after that add few 100% and finalizes that, that is the actual price.

Did you know that they charged 1500.00 for components I got from china which costs me 6000.00 total.
And they say they will charge 5% for duty's.

They really gets on my nerves.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Ca'mon blueroom, catch up with the times!

Rifaa is the self-proclaimed king of AAC.
Not having memorized all of his highness' posts is grounds for excommunication.

And to answer your question, No... I don't think there is a point to this thread.

But I like to see how much the people of paradise are taxed.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
A 25% duty on electronics is quite a hefty hit.
Rifaa, are you saying they open up your packages and look online for the prices of your items to use as a base number to charge your duties on?

If so, that could be nuts. I have gotten diodes for 4 or 5 cents and if you look at the prices on Radio Shacks website, they want about $2us.

So I guess they are using these inflated numbers and "asking" for an under-the-table slice of cash to let the package go?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
A 25% duty on electronics is quite a hefty hit.
Rifaa, are you saying they open up your packages and look online for the prices of your items to use as a base number to charge your duties on?

If so, that could be nuts. I have gotten diodes for 4 or 5 cents and if you look at the prices on Radio Shacks website, they want about $2us.

So I guess they are using these inflated numbers and "asking" for an under-the-table slice of cash to let the package go?
Self proclaimed king.....:confused: what are you implying.
Told ya all, me no king of anywhere. :cool:. see the glasses....I'm cooler than most of you guys.

retched ...score 1 for you. You got one thing correct, about Maldivian democracy. Rob you till you drop.
where's the rest. Do I have to give more clue.