test

microzee

Joined Nov 14, 2012
hey everyone, just seeing if this is working, cuz i keep trying to post a question and it takes me to a white screen.. nothing after that. sorry if it is posting. oh and i did see the message:
NOTICE TO NEW MEMBERS: If your post does not immediately appear on the forums please do not repost as it will be in the moderation queue and will be approved shortly.
but yeah im getting re-directed to a white-screen??

so anyways heres my question :)

Hey everyone, i really do not know anything about electronics. i know the very basics if even that. anyways, heres what im trying to do. i took apart a broken remote control helicopter (nothing wrong with circuitry), and was going to hook it up to whatever i wanted to make it wireless. so i decided i wanted when i press a button, it applys voltage to nichrome heating wire. first of all i realize that the helicopters use infrared LED's to communicate so this isn't the best way to do it remotely. but heres what i had so far. you press a button on remote, it outputs 3v to a nichrome heating wire that heats up and lights a fuze. the problem? it causes a short on the circuit board. so what do i do? i know you could have it connected to a relay that connects and have another battery pack powering the wire, but i would prefer to do it with transistors. so pretty much my question is, how do you make a "relay" using transistors? or is there something else i can do?

Last edited:

microzee

Joined Nov 14, 2012
yeah i know this one did, but cant post in projects forum?? o_O so yeah posted my question here, hopefully a mod will move it.. :)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I was getting the same thing. Then it jsut went away.

And everyone was saying I was crazy!!!! :eek:

OK so they are right but nothing to do with this issue. :)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Still not working for me... :/ Soo... Help with my question? :p
what subject line did you try to use?

And use capital letters and punctuation in your posts and not just one big run on sentence. It is hard to read and a lot of people just ignore these posts.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You are trying to set off firecrackers (after sorting through that giant paragraph above)?

I'm guessing this is against the TOS and you won't get an answer anyway. Expect this thread to be locked by a mod.

microzee

Joined Nov 14, 2012
no im not trying to set off a firecracker, im simply trying to apply voltage to a nichrome heating wire, but it causes a short in the wireless circuit that i have it connected to. so i need to create a relay out of transistors, that uses an external battery pack. how would i do this? btw voltage is 3v dc