TESLA PROJECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unregistered

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Okay:

We have a project to recreate a small-scale model of an actual Tesla coil. A Single coil which self-resonates, not a Two coil transformer which most people mistakenly call a "tesla coil". We have acquired a coil from a local equipment manufacturer, but our problem is that the coil resonates at 17MHz.

What we need: we need to build (if possible) an "astable flip-flop" circuit that can control the master transistor from our power supply and make it ping the square-wave at 17.000MHz, 8.500MHz, or 4.250MHz.

My Questions:

1) Is it possible to make a flip-flop circuit to work at these frequencies?
2) What capacitor and resistor ratings are we going to need. I don't fully understand the math behind it. Our research has not gotten us far for calculating what the capacitor/resistor relationship is, mathematically speaking, so that we can get the right parts.
3) Where can I get these parts?

We are building this for the college we are attending, and have run up against a wall.

For answers, please reply to my e-mail: Deleted by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Feedback and Suggestions Forum for providing feedback and suggestions about All About Circuits, including corrections to the e-book and site. This forum is not for asking technical questions.
If you want to ask questions, sign up.
When signed up you can place questions in an section with links and attatchments.

Greetings,
Bertus

PS remove your e-mail adress before the spambots find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.