terms of service

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems

Is something that is forbidden to be mentioned on this forum. What are over-unity devices?

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
They are devices which purport to create energy from nothing, things which were once more commonly called "perpetual motion machines".

The term refers the energy conversion efficiency of the systems exceeding 1 per unit, or 100%. The consensus of most conventional scientists and engineers is that this is fundamentally impossible. The people who moderate this forum agree that this is so, and do not allow it to be discussed

There appear to be a great many cranks and swindlers talking about such ideas, on the internet and elsewhere, who promote these ideas as a sort of cult. This can be the source of a lot of futile argument, as some of the people who are convinced about it have an almost religious belief, and yet lack sufficient background in basic science to understand arguments against them. Many people who do not believe in these things feel that such discussions are therefore best avoided.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Oddly enough tho... the entire universe appears to be something that came from nothing. Go figure.:confused:
And physicists have discovered a Tachyon (particle that moves slightly faster than light) at the LHC.

Everything from about 10mS after the Big Bang to now follows theory, but nothing other than theory or religion covers time/space prior to that point.

Two things that defy conventional physics' wisdom.

This does NOT mean sticking magnets and inductors together in a new way, or performing electrolysis in a wierd way, will suddenly provide more energy out than was put in to start with. No matter how many times you try the same experiments and fail.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Oddly enough tho... the entire universe appears to be something that came from nothing. Go figure.:confused:
I think it may well be that at some point in the future technologies may be developed that will allow energy to be accessed in ways that are not currently understood. It seems more likely though that this will happen as a result of advanced research into physical science, rather than from the efforts of somebody that has to come to a forum like this to ask how a 1MHz oscillator can be made.

One of the sad things about being older and not in good health is knowing that this probably won't be seen in my lifetime.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Meanwhile we have to go with what we do know. Perpetual Motion violates the Laws of Conservation of Energy. Until new laws are discovered that hold up to scientific review that is the rules here too.

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
I think it may well be that at some point in the future technologies may be developed that will allow energy to be accessed in ways that are not currently understood. It seems more likely though that this will happen as a result of advanced research into physical science, rather than from the efforts of somebody that has to come to a forum like this to ask how a 1MHz oscillator can be made.

One of the sad things about being older and not in good health is knowing that this probably won't be seen in my lifetime.
Also the people who come up with the ideas will have their threads deleted on this forum.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Also the people who come up with the ideas will have their threads deleted on this forum.
Only if they want to practice psudeo science. Real science is always welcome.

That statement is much like we get from the people who have faith but no knowledge, along with key phrases like "Thinking outside the box" or "We don't really know anything". Usually they say this while typeing into a keyboard over a global network that is firmly based on what we do know.

The Laws of Conservation of Energy are firmly established, there are no violations.

If I were to tell you I could create an amulate from nothingness you would tell me it was impossible (unless you believed in magic). Matter and energy are the same thing, so why should I be able to create energy from nothingness? I have read the reply that I am not thinking outside the box to this.

Nice thing about science, it is both repeatable and predictable. If you can not repeat an experiment it is not science. Much like electronics (which is also firmly based on science) in that respect.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
perpetual motion machines
Not only does it run forever, it will also power your house for FREE! Send $99 now to find out how!

Those are the ads that many fall prey to, they are then sent a bogus set of schematics which don't even work in any capacity, then the poor people who dumped $100 (or more) on it come here asking us to "Show them the secret". They refuse to believe they've been scammed for some reason.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Nice thing about science, it is both repeatable and predictable. If you can not repeat an experiment it is not science.
It has to be repeatable and predictable by not only the originator; the processes/methods must be well documented, so that other persons can replicate the original experiment and obtain the same results - much like baking a cake from a recipe.

The chances that an amateur - even an experienced professional - tinkering in their workshop/garage could come up with something that actually violates the laws of conservation of energy are exactly zero - or at least close enough to zero, it might as well be.

If you wish to discuss such nonsense, there are plenty of forums to go to. *I* don't have that kind of time to waste. I'll suggest that no one does.

It's probably human nature to want something for nothing. If it were not, the Nigerian 419 scammers would have starved to death years ago - along with most politicians. But I digress...

It's very risky for a novice to go on such sites. Most won't know enough to separate fact from fiction, and quickly get "sold" on some crackpot idea - and some actually wind up spending practically their life savings trying to make the idea work.

We don't want that kind of disaster to befall our members. We will stick with conservative science and electronics; because we know that works, and is very definitely repeatable, if our members only follow the formulas and instructions provided.