Terminate unwanted services PC

aamirali

Joined Feb 2, 2012
I have seen there are many processes in task manager which I don't need.
Like team_viewer_service, it keeps on running even I don't use it.

Ending the process won't make any effect as next start it will restart.

is there any way in which we can identify that following tasks are redundant can be terminated.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
If you don't use it.. Uninstall the program or stop the service.

If you have to ask the question you shouldn't be messing with services.

Natakel

Joined Oct 11, 2008
You can also check in your Start menu > All Programs and check the Startup folder. Some programs like to insert themselves into your startup routine when it isn't needed. The only advantage to this is the program will perhaps start faster when needed . . . which I liken to leaving my car idling all day in the event I might want to drive it. Just delete any start-up shourtcuts you don't want in the folder. This does not delete the program, just its start up que.

Each running process chips away at your computers's RAM and CPU cycles. Another way you can lean down your running processes is by looking at what services are running. Simply type in Services.msc in the Run box and hit return. There are usually several services running (and each running a process or two) that you don't need for your particular computing scenario. Research what each service does, and then you can determine if it needs to be set to Automatic, Manual, or Disabled. there are a few good websites that break down what the common services do for XP, Vista, 7, and 8 . . . the one I use is Black Viper, who has a plethora of info on a number of Windows based operating systems.

You'd be surprised at how much RAM and CPU cycles you can save this way . . . make a slow machine much more responsive, just by trimming it for what you do with the computer.

Jamari

Joined Feb 10, 2014
You can de-activate any application by following this steps:

Go to :
Start Menu
Search
type "msconfig"
Click on the "Startup" tab and deselect each software you don't want.