TEMPERATURE of the design

sweetbasi

Joined Jan 27, 2012
I want to measure the temperature of a specific area in an interface board. The problem I face is that I don't get the correct reading as some ICs in the interface board get heated up to very high temperature which interrupt my temperature measurement of a specific area. Can you suggest me if there are any temperature sensors or ways to measure without changing the routing in the interface card?.

Thanks in advance

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Very small thermocouples can rapidly detect temperatures in a very small spot. But, if nearby ICs are getting hot, isn't that part of the temperature of your area. What are you using the measure temperature now?

Ken

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Is this a one time measurement or do you always want to be able to measure this area.
If one time then thermocouples are the way to go.. If you always want to measure it when the board is in service there are tons of temperature IC's for this that can be included in the design in that area..

But yes as Kmoffett said..The temperature of all components can/does contribute to the local temperatures.. If your IC's are adding heat to that area then they are adding heat.. You don't try to ignore that.