Temperature control

temperaturehelp

Joined Feb 25, 2009
I have project in which i have to create a soultion which will mantain the temperature of a living space with a volume of 400m3 between 25-30 degrees centigrade.

I can use the following components

lm35 TEMPERATURE SENSOR
lm358 Operational amplifer
3 X lm311 compararators
74ls32 Quad OR Gate
74ls04 Hew NOT Gate
2 X 12 Volt Relays

If anybody could design us a circuit diagram this would be great!!! many thanks my friends

gotumal

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You have the specs, I appreciate deciding the componets first before designing!

Surely we can help you if you answer these questions,

1. What is system inertia?
2. Do you have Heater/cooler? What is it's capacity?
3. What cntrol do you need to have? on-off, P, PD, PI, PID, fuzzy? ANN?

temperaturehelp

Joined Feb 25, 2009
this is a college project and we havnt been given the components such as heater coller only the component listed above we have to choose most suitable for the task. we dont know the what the system interia. The circuit has to control the temperature automatically many thanks for your help gotumal hope you can help us further.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I suggest you begin by reading the data-sheets for the components you have been assigned to work with. Once you understand how they work, an idea for a design should occur to you.

Once you have drawn a rudimentary schematic, post it here and we will help you refine it.

temperaturehelp

Joined Feb 25, 2009
We have read the data sheets and understand the basic principles of each component but are having problems designing a circuit i.e resistances etc. if you could please help the would be a reward:):):)