tell some some good buffers ic name

Thread Starter

dark dagno

Joined May 5, 2008
i want to control an unknown circuit (that is i dont know that circuit produces ac or dc and aslo i dont know its the voltage or current ratings)

but i want to control that circuit so that i need a buffer when the control ip is high that should pass the signal (may be dc or ac) output of the buffer and hence i have my control on the output of the circuit

plz tell me such an buffer ic it should access on both ac and dc input...


Joined Apr 20, 2004
For that vague a requirement, about the only device that will be so flexible is a relay. We can't be more specific without a good idea of current and voltage or the control signal.


Joined Feb 24, 2006
For your willingness to go boldly into the unknown, I nominate thee for a Darwin award upon the successful completion of the requirements.


Joined May 16, 2005
With the specification given: "unknown voltage and current" the only safe option is one of the gigantic contactors used in power grid distribution. I don't think any of those come on a chip.


Joined Jan 9, 2009
lol, SMD contactors.

Just throw a PTC resettable fuse on the output of a driver rated for a few amps. I am assuming you are dealing with safe voltages, nothing in the LV range (>50DC)