Telecomms

mentaaal

Joined Oct 17, 2005
hey guys, starting telecomms next semester and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of where i can start reading up on it?

mentaaal

Joined Oct 17, 2005
Well, i spoke to my lecturer a few days ago and sent me an email saying that we will be looking at the following:

Telecommunications
  1. Communication Systems Fundamentals: Signal Analysis, Filtering, Tuning, Need for Modulation, SNR.
  2. Analog Modulation : AM ,QAM , FM , NBFM , PM , PLL , FDM.
  3. Communication Receivers: Superheterodyning Principle , Single- & Double- Conversion Receivers , DC receiver.
  4. Digital Modulation : Sampling Theorem , PCM , DPCM , ADPCM , DM ,ADM , DSM.
Filters we have covered in first year, at least basic ones.

Thanks for your help

mentaaal

Joined Oct 17, 2005
Hey thanks for the reply, well little broke right now but perhaps when i get some extra cash i shall look into it. Cheers!

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
If Bertus doesn't know a page for it then you may need to buy a Book.
Usually the Internet has more up to date general information than books.

mentaaal

Joined Oct 17, 2005
Hey again and thanks alot to all of you for your help in providing these links.
I looked at the second hand link place that you gave me and just purchased a copy for $6.50!

It'lll be a while for delivery to ireland but i dont care. Thanks alot for the help!
I owe you a beer

mentaaal

Joined Oct 17, 2005
Well those rfzone pdfs and the book that i bought last night should be more than enough to keep me happy. I also found a site with NEETS pdfs as well. They look pretty good, they appear to be american notes for the navy.

Cheers!

mentaaal

Joined Oct 17, 2005
Just got my book in the post today. Its in such good condition i cant tell if its new or not. Its probably new. And for 6.50 dollars as opposed to 106 on amazon! Thats the best deal i've ever got! Thanks for that link.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Wireless & RF Design 11