Technologies or devices or knowledge for cars in specifics subjects

nok

Joined Jul 28, 2010
I do a small theoretical project, in this project I need to investigate some technologies or devices or knowledge that must to be related to cars or to futures cars or cars industry, it can be all the kinds of cars, not only private car, it can be also buses, tractors, trucks or all others kinds of cars. It can be also technologies that the car need to communicate with them or used them like the roads that the cars use or the semaphores that the driver in the car need to communicate with them.​
Also it needs to be correlated to one or more of the subjects that I write later.​
Now I am before of the beginning of this small project so I need to search after technologies or devices or knowledge, it can be hi tech technology or low tech technologies that answer to these demands, my problem is that I don't know technologies or devices or knowledge for cars so I need help in this.​
After this I will need to search information about this technology, like websites, videos, lectures, companies that develop this technology, books that talk about this technology.​
I will glad to read about any technologies or devices or knowledge for cars but now it is more interesting me that this knowledge or technologies or devices or knowledge will be correlated with one or more of these subjects:​
1. For example I search after technologies or devices that used in cars and use small motors, I mean all others motors that are used inside the car but not the big engine of the whole car, it can be motors that open and close the roof or move the sides mirrors or open automatics the doors in the car, and I search after other technologies that used small motors and that are related to cars.​
2. Industrial design and ergonomics in cars.​
3. The materials that used to build the cars.​
4. Analysis of mechanics dynamics of cars.​
5. Processors or controllers in cars.​
6. Sensors that cars can use.​
7. Technologies that are related to cars and used computer vision.​
8. Control in cars, like control for autonomous or not autonomous cars or others technologies that use control that are related to the car.​
9. Systems in car that need to take a decision and for taking this decision the system need to take a lot of information from a lot of devices.
10. Maybe now there are some plans or research for the future cars that will can communicate each other and if there are autonomous cars so they can maybe collaborate and do together one big mission.
11. Data mining or learning machine in cars, like system that use artificial intelligent, maybe system for prevent traffic accident can use it or system to control the road junctions.
12. Operating system in car, like windows or other operating systems.
13. Speech in cars, the people inside the car talk with the car and the car understand it and do the things that the people inside the car tell him to do.
14. Mechanics mechanisms that cars can use, like devices in the car that move in the direction that it need to move like the windscreen wiper or the door of the trunk.
15. Technologies that are related to cars and have electronics board (analog or digital) electronics.​
16. Electricity for cars, like the electric batteries that want to change the oil energy in cars.​
17. Multimedia for cars like speech or sound or augmented reality in cars.​

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Rather than looking at current technology, I will give you a picture of what cars of the future would look like.

Future cars will be autonomous, i.e. no driver controls. All cars in the vicinity will communicate with each other, will flow in a smooth stream of cars without colliding. You only need to give your destination and it will take you there in the most efficient manner.

Cars will either have a single wheel or no wheel at all. Without wheels the car will levitate an inch above the ground. A single wheeled car would have a ball as the wheel, propelled by two internal wheels in contact with the ball. When the car stops, two legs will extend allowing the car to rest on the ground.

A single passenger car will be egg-shaped, no bigger than what is required to enclose a person and protect him/her from the elements. Of course, there will also be 2-person and 4-person eggs.

Cars of the future will not be privately owned. You will be able to go to any pick up point or station and hop into the next available egg, like bixi bikes.

Just my thoughts.

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
Nobody wants to sit in a space, 'no bigger that what is required to enclose a person', for hours on a road trip...

I suggest the contrary: that cars will become massive. On long trips you will have the option of leaving your seat and walking around, going to the park or shopping, all from your car. I estimate they will eventually reach sizes similar to the Jawas' sandcrawler.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Nobody wants to sit in a space, 'no bigger that what is required to enclose a person', for hours on a road trip...

I suggest the contrary: that cars will become massive. On long trips you will have the option of leaving your seat and walking around, going to the park or shopping, all from your car. I estimate they will eventually reach sizes similar to the Jawas' sandcrawler.
True. I am referring to short trips around the city.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Cars will never levitate. It simply takes too much energy for personal transport and a road network must be rebuilt and energized to accommodate levitation, cities can't even afford asphalt to fill pot holes so a mag-lev rail system for personal/individual vehicles won't be seen any time soon (or ever).

One thing that will happen, if the bixi bike concept is used, a networked queue system will be used so people heading to the same geographic location, will be grouped and commute together.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I will say "never say never". You are basing your judgement on current technology.
We don't know what is yet to come.

nok

Joined Jul 28, 2010
Hallow MrChips,

Thank you very much for your answer.

It helps me a lot.

This is amazing answer.

Now I understand what I need to search.

I need to search after articles that talk about how the cars will be in the future and are releted to the subjects that I wrote in the main question.

After you help me in this, I will glad to receive more help.

I need also to find articles that talk about these subjects:

A. autonomous cars

B. cars that communicate with each other

C. cars that flow in a smooth stream of cars without colliding

D. cars without wheel that levitate an inch above the ground

E. industrial design of cars that have only one wheel and how it work

I will very glad and happy, if you or any other furom member, can send to this thread links about technologies that are related to car and also related to the subjects that I wrote in the main question or to the future car.

nok

Joined Jul 28, 2010
Hi MrChips and all others forum members,
I really need your help, so if you or anyone here knows more information about one of these things that I wrote so I will glad if he can write in this thread his message response and / or links about these things.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
In the future the world will be so overcrowded cars will be banned and everyone will ride little mopeds and bicycles like in Bangkok, and public transport.

Instead of studying "future technologies for cars" you should study "future technologies for little mopeds, bicycles and public transports". ;)

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Rather than looking at current technology, I will give you a picture of what cars of the future would look like.

Future cars will be autonomous, i.e. no driver controls. All cars in the vicinity will communicate with each other, will flow in a smooth stream of cars without colliding. You only need to give your destination and it will take you there in the most efficient manner.

Cars will either have a single wheel or no wheel at all. Without wheels the car will levitate an inch above the ground. A single wheeled car would have a ball as the wheel, propelled by two internal wheels in contact with the ball. When the car stops, two legs will extend allowing the car to rest on the ground.

A single passenger car will be egg-shaped, no bigger than what is required to enclose a person and protect him/her from the elements. Of course, there will also be 2-person and 4-person eggs.

Cars of the future will not be privately owned. You will be able to go to any pick up point or station and hop into the next available egg, like bixi bikes.

Just my thoughts.
How far into the future are you talking? Because as long as I'm alive, I'm going to be utilizing the roads that I paid for, in my privately owned 4 wheeled vehicle.

A renegade, like Kirk in the new Star Trek.