Technics current drive problem on a vx800

mickmick

Joined Jun 7, 2012
Hi!

Got a friend that got a su-vx800 that not want to start in current drive stage, only the first amp comes on.

It happends after playing pretty hard with it for a whole weekend :D

Some tips,PLS:confused:

I live pretty far from him and cannot search for the problem(mostly because for spareparts delivery time doe i only will visiting him for a day!) when i visiting him, therefore i "want some meat on my legs"(directly a swedish translation)before i can take a look att the amp!

Manual:
http://www.opweb.de/model.php?id=881

Thanks in advanced
Mike

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
If you posted a schematic here, we could try to be helpful. Without a drawing, it is all guessing.

I uploaded the drawing so ppl don't have to go to your link.

Attachments

Last edited:

mickmick

Joined Jun 7, 2012
I know it will be pretty hard 2 find the faulty component without measuring. Im most curious if someone else had the same problem!

Mike

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Tell me a bit more.

{ed}
That model has transistors at the output stage. First U need to check for shorted power transistor for shorts.
U can check for short without removing. U will need a good DMM.
The meter needs to be in diode check range. Before testing, make sure the power is off and the filter caps are completely discharged !

U need to make sure that none of the power transistors mounted on the heat sink does not have a short between CE.

Last edited:

mickmick

Joined Jun 7, 2012
Tell me a bit more.

{ed}
That model has transistors at the output stage. First U need to check for shorted power transistor for shorts.
U can check for short without removing. U will need a good DMM.
The meter needs to be in diode check range. Before testing, make sure the power is off and the filter caps are completely discharged !

U need to make sure that none of the power transistors mounted on the heat sink does not have a short between CE.
Okey, TNX!
Where is the "connection" between output stage and the current drive stage?

Is it the overload curciut?

Mike

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
No...these are the Current amplifier and is the final stage of the Power amp.

There will be I thing eight Power transistors mounted on to the heat sink. Big ones. If u miss these, u need glasses mate.