TDA7297 Stereo Amplifier

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I am planning to prototype a TDA7297 stereo amplifier. The schematic is taken mostly from the datasheet, but with the addition of a pot for controlling the signal-in level, and a power switch and LED.

If you see any errors, please point them out.

In addition, I am looking for an inexpensive heat sink about 50mm wide x 50mm tall x 10mm thick suitable for use with a multiwatt15 device in a vertical configuration along the edge of a PCB. I can't find anything that is inexpensive enough (i.e., less than $1.50.)

Thanks.

Attachments

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
You may need to move the input caps C2 and C5 to the outboard side of the pots so the inputs of the IC have some kind of DC path to ground and are not floating.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
You may need to move the input caps C2 and C5 to the outboard side of the pots so the inputs of the IC have some kind of DC path to ground and are not floating.
No.
The TDA7297 amplifier wll not work if the inputs are grounded and it has a single-polarity supply.
Its block diagram shows that it already has internal resistors from the input pins to a reference voltage.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
In addition, I am looking for an inexpensive heat sink about 50mm wide x 50mm tall x 10mm thick suitable for use with a multiwatt15 device in a vertical configuration along the edge of a PCB. I can't find anything that is inexpensive enough (i.e., less than $1.50.)
This place has a huge selection of cheap heatsinks. You have to specify the thermal resistance in C/W to pick a heatsink.

This one meets your dimensions and is about 7C/W which means you could dissipate maybe 10 - 12W with it. It's for TO-220 package but it can be attached to the 15-pin power package by attaching to the reverse side. It's stamped aluminum so it's dirt cheap.
http://www.aavid.com/products/standard/7022b-mtg

Last edited: