Tda2822m

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
Hello guys

I'm trying to connect an op amp oscillator to an IC audio amp , the tda2822M in this case and I just can't get it to work .
I connect it as shown in the datasheets (audio test circuit) and all I get are these farting sounds like a deflating balloon everytime I connect the load . Or it just oscillates by itself and plays diffrently pitched tones .

I tried decoupling the input with a cap , still no luck .
What bothers me is that in the datasheet there is no diffrence between 'ground' and '-Vcc' , maybe thats where the problem lies .

Any help appreciated .

http://www.utc-ic.com/uploadfile/2011/0922/20110922094213287.pdf

I've got it connected in the 'stereo' arrangement but i'm only using 1 channel for now

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
I've also tried connecting a TDA2007 to the op amp oscillator and had similar results. Very distorted unstable output and sometimes works and sometimes not . Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

My input signal is about 300mv and i'm driving an 8ohm 0.1 watt load

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
You need to reduce the 300mV signal with a resistor divider as the TDA2822 has a voltage gain of 100 so you are over driving it.
Yeah I thought that might be the problem but it still doesn't explain the intermittent deflating behavior of the circuit

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
If found the problem .
It was indeed the very high signal input . Apparently the IC just stops working or behaves really wierdly if the input is too high .

Thanks k7elp60