Taking ECG from Electrodes

pvjoshi28

Joined Dec 10, 2010
Hello, I am designing ECG amplifier, in which I have to take ECG from patient. Electrodes I am using are clip type electrodes which are used in academic courses. I am getting some signal but it is not exactly ECG. How do I acquire nearly ECG signal using the electrodes?

pvjoshi28

Joined Dec 10, 2010
I have used INA 122 as Instrumentation amplifier and OPA 335 for Band Pass Filter. I am not able to get ECG properly. What do I do?

reshin

Joined Oct 6, 2011
Hello, im doing ECG circuit for my course project. As they said, can u share the schematic design? Do the clamp type electrodes is effective collecting the heart pulse?

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I sure hope all these ECG projects are just student projects and not used by actual doctors.
There are, or should be, very strict rules about this even if the prospective "patient" is the student him/herself. Would this even be legal say in the UK or USA? ECG electrodes are deliberately placed on parts of the body where it would be particularly dangerous to receive electric shocks.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
If the OP is using DC power derived from the mains without suitable isolation barriers then I suppose there's the remote possibilty of harm. ECG preamps are isolated from the ECG processing electronics using opto-couplers, transformers, etc.

saturation

Joined Dec 21, 2008
The basic EKG is over 100 years old. It requires a differential amp input to offset all EMI and noise, the better the CMRR of your op amp the better; you must use skin conductive gel and conductive pads, otherwise any wire will do. This is a standard exercise in some schools, you can find the entire input circuit easily via google.