Tablet suggestions 7" or 10" ?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Thanks Sirch2, I will look into File Explorer apps. I don't think the base functionality of the Android system I have at the moment allows files on the home screen.

That's a good point about the operating system being meant for little 'phone screens etc. The trouble is a 1280x800 pixel tablet is no longer a "little phone screen". :)

Thanks Markd77, I looked at the Pi a while ago but had not paid attention to the Beagle.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I just tried on mine and "ES File Explorer" can put shortcuts on the desktop (also has built in FTP server which is very handy for transferring files). If you get too many shortcuts on the desktop you can drag one file on top of another and it becomes a folder (works on mine anyway).

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Thanks. :) Unfortunately mine doesn't have ES file explorer. :( It's got something called "My Files".

Maybe i need to download some apps? I need a decent PDF viewer because the two programs it has that view PDFs both suck big time.

I've been familiarising myself with the operating system which is pretty simple, and I've got to the point now of realising most of the bundled apps are either sucky or buggy or both.