Tables

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
On quite a few occasions, the last one being yesterday, I have wanted to lay out a table, in a reply in a thread.
I notice that, in a different thread, at least one other poster also wanted to do this yesterday alone.

All the ways I have found of doing this have been cumbersome, clumsy and unseemly.

So I would place high priority on the goal of introducing a simple table function.

Last edited:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
That is a really good suggestion; tables are something that I would imagine would be widely used. I will mention this to Rob to see what we can do. Thanks.

Dave

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
At the outset, could you guys also provide a provision to edit and upload attachments on Private Messages too?....if it's technically possible! :)
Thanx

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi studiot, many thanks for the suggestion.
I have installed a Table add-on which looks like it will be perfect for the board.
Usage information can be found at http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

Generally, the [ table ] tag is used as follows:
[ table="head"]head col1|head col2|head col3
row1 col1|row1 col2|row1 col3
row2 col1|row2 col2|row2 col3[ /table]
Which will produce

head col1|head col2|head col3
row2 col1|row2 col2|row2 col3

Cheers!

Rob

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi studiot, many thanks for the suggestion.
I have installed a Table add-on which looks like it will be perfect for the board.
Usage information can be found at http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

Generally, the [ table ] tag is used as follows:
Which will produce

head col1|head col2|head col3
row2 col1|row2 col2|row2 col3

Cheers!

Rob
Cheers, Rob.

Looks spot on. Will have a play around with that later.

Dave

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
This is really good, but I copied and pasted your ?code? and this is what I got.

So what is stupid old me doing wrong please?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
This is really good, but I copied and pasted your ?code? and this is what I got.

So what is stupid old me doing wrong please?
Rob has padded the [ table="head"] and [ /table] tags with trailing blank-spaces within the []s to prevent the board rendering the table. Remove those two spaces and it will give you your table, i.e. [ table="head"] becomes
, etc.

Dave