switching state of a NC output to NO with a relay

nadeemchughtai

Joined Dec 18, 2019
I have a NO/NC switch and I close it it get a NC output. When I get a another NC input from another device, I would like the first NC switch output to go open. Can anybody please help please. I can do it with an arduino board but I was looking for a possibly using a relay?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Get a relay that has double-throw contacts.

Wire your first switch to supply power to your new relay.
Now you have a double-throw switch to choose as you please.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I have a NO/NC switch and I close it it get a NC output. When I get a another NC input from another device, I would like the first NC switch output to go open. Can anybody please help please. I can do it with an arduino board but I was looking for a possibly using a relay?
Can you re-word this? I cannot understand what you want.

nadeemchughtai

Joined Dec 18, 2019
I have 2 dry contact inputs, Input 1 has no voltage open or closed , input 2 has 12 volts when open and 0 volts when closed. I would like the following results:
Input 1 Input 2 Output
open open open
open closed open
closed open closed
closed closed open

Can I possibly use a relay with Input 1 being a SPST switch?

nadeemchughtai

Joined Dec 18, 2019
Will this work with the following requirments:

I have 2 dry contact inputs, Input 1 has no voltage open or closed , input 2 has 12 volts when open and 0 volts when closed. I would like the following results:
Input 1 Input 2 Output
open open open
open closed open
closed open closed
closed closed open

nadeemchughtai

Joined Dec 18, 2019
Get a relay that has double-throw contacts.

Wire your first switch to supply power to your new relay.
Now you have a double-throw switch to choose as you please.
Will this work for the following requirements:

Input 1 Input 2 Output
open open open
open closed open
closed open closed
closed closed open

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Can you provide a part number or schematic of the switch, or switches, so we know exactly what were working with?

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Will this work for the following requirements:

Input 1 Input 2 Output
open open open
open closed open
closed open closed
closed closed open

Only the device and its intended operation could tell you what happens when it receives an input on its dry contact input. What constitutes your output?