Switching location of the master and companion light dimmers

c627627

Joined May 18, 2011
My bedroom has one master and two companion light switch dimmers like these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-...lti-Location-White-MACL-153M-RHW-WH/203486520

The master switch has green lights on the side where the arrow is pointing on this picture:

DimmerSwitch.jpg

The companion dimmers do not have green lights, which is why I would like to swap their locations.
No matter what I do, I cannot switch the location of the one master and two companion dimmers and get them to still work. What am I doing wrong and can this be done, to have a master dimmer in between two companion dimmers in the room, or must the master dimmer always be in the location where it was originally installed?

billnow

Joined Aug 4, 2010
A quick look at the instructions implies that the master must be at either the beginning or the end of the circuit. Try switching the master to the other companion location which may work.
Good luck!

c627627

Joined May 18, 2011
There are three in the room.
One master and two companions.
If the location where I would really like it to be is in between other two, does that mean that it is theoretically impossible to achieve this due to it being in the middle? In other words there are two choices, either to the left or to the right of the one in the middle?

billnow

Joined Aug 4, 2010
You probably would need to add additional wire(s) from the middle electrical box to the end electrical box to make the physical middle position become the electrical end position. Maybe an e-mail to support@lutron.com would give you some better answers.