switch question

jludwig83

Joined Jul 22, 2013
Hello I have a question on 3 spdt push button latching switches.............. is there a possible sequence that would allow two on positions and a stop position all controling the same motor

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I would expect you would need more than SPDT for interlocking?
By latching I guess you mean 'Maintained' switches?
What do you mean by two ON positions, reverse or two speed?
Max.

jludwig83

Joined Jul 22, 2013
ok the switches I have are old and antique and I must use these each switch is in the shape of a rectangle with six pins coming out of the top..... the middle 2 pins are either connected to the front 2 or the back 2 depending on the switch position switch pushed in = front pins switch pulled out = back pins I need the switches to have 3 functions normal operating mode...........a fast mode to set the clock.... and a stop function I cant draw a sketch due to the old nature of the clock and equipment........nothing matches close enough to get an accurate drawing.... I have 2 arduinos controling the normal clock mode and the faster setting mode I can hook both boards to one switch but that doesn't allow me a stop function..........any sequence I have put together results in an option to have both boards on at the same time resulting in a smokey mess..... this probably makes no sense to any of you and I am not sure how to draw this out so any advice or opinions is greatly appreciated

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The switches sound more like DPDT?
You really need 3 posn, centre off if using one switch
But if you have a Micro doing the logic, then I would think momentary are preferable, and do everything in logic?
Max.

jludwig83

Joined Jul 22, 2013
I have concluded that with my switch set up there isn’t a scenario that allows 2 on positions and an off without the chance of creating a direct short .......I am going to elliminate the off and just have the 2 on positions on one switch

Last edited: