supremacy of "C" in 8051 ????

hharsshh

Joined Jul 20, 2013
why "C" is more used in 8051 microcontroller programming
why can't we use "c++" language in 8051 ,even it is object oriented
and successor of "C",,,,,,,,
i waanna know it and other high level language like java ...
pls clearly mention advntage and disadvntage of using both language .

blueroomelectronics

Joined Jul 22, 2007
The 8051 is very very old, still popular in India though. Almost all microcontrollers use a variation of ANSI C. There were other languages available but they never really took hold so ANSI C, Assembly and sometimes BASIC & Pascal are the only common choices.

hharsshh

Joined Jul 20, 2013
hello sir , i m harsh,,,and i am new to microcontroller ,,,dont know any thing about it,,,
xept little idea regarding them,,, i waana build carrer in this field only,,,so which controler i should use to learn embedded system,,,,, i have sound knowledge of c programming ,,,and a bit in c++....pls give me direction...

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
It doesn't really matter which one you learn, because the skills will be transferable to other chips anyway. I'd learn to use them with C and assembler, if you turn up at a job interview and can only use one or the other, and the next interviewee knows both then you are at a disadvantage.

hharsshh

Joined Jul 20, 2013
It doesn't really matter which one you learn, because the skills will be transferable to other chips anyway. I'd learn to use them with C and assembler, if you turn up at a job interview and can only use one or the other, and the next interviewee knows both then you are at a disadvantage.
but from which controller i shalll start ,,,,ur personal opinion,,,,

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I've only ever used Microchip, so I don't know the advantages / disadvantages of the others. I think all these manufacturers have reasonably priced programmers, free or cheap development environments (at least for assembler) and plenty of support and examples on the web:
Microchip
Atmel
STMicroelectronics
I'd start with fairly cheap and simple chips by one of the above then move on to ones with more features.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
why "C" is more used in 8051 microcontroller programming
why can't we use "c++" language in 8051 ,even it is object oriented
and successor of "C",,,,,,,,
i waanna know it and other high level language like java ...
pls clearly mention advntage and disadvntage of using both language .
The 8051 lacks the resources to implement the constructs of C++. It also runs too slowly for most interpreted languages.