Supernode assignment

tarik94

Joined Apr 15, 2014
Hello!

I need help finding the voltage in node A. I know that I have to do supernode-analysis and I understand how to do the KCL, the problem is how I should deal with the dependent voltage source, should I do supernode there to? The circuit is attached.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello!

I need help finding the voltage in node A. I know that I have to do supernode-analysis and I understand how to do the KCL, the problem is how I should deal with the dependent voltage source, should I do supernode there to? The circuit is attached.

Thanks in advance!
Until it starts becoming obvious how to deal with it, take it in two steps.

Call the node that connects R5 and B1 Node C.

That gives you four unknowns.

Put a supernode around nodes A and B.

Develop your node equations for the supernode and Node D. Don't do one for Node C.

That gives you two equations. Now you need two more equations which you can get from the constraints.

Can you write an equation for the voltage at Node B in terms of the other node voltages?

Can you write an equation for the voltage at Node C in terms of the other node voltages?

Now you have your four equations.

With a bit of practice, you'll be able to streamline this a bit and write down just three equations in three unknown (you won't have Vc) by inspection. But it takes practice to get there. In the meantime, got step-by-step in however small of steps you need.

Engr Mick

Joined Jan 29, 2014
Just verify that which one is applicable... Simple nodal or Supernode circuit analysis....
if you cant decide, then here is a detail post for you Supernode circuit analysis
if you still face a problem, then please send me your assignment... i will forward the solved example.... Thanks