Super-hero movies: Deadpool = fabulous, Batman v. Superman = not so good

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Just watched BvS yesterday night. It wasn't terrible at all. In fact, I kind of liked it. But I can see why the critics have been bashing it. The director made the mistake of trying to cram too many things in too little time, and so had to use heavy editing.

I think that the movie's purpose was to sow the seeds of what comes next, which promises to be a very well developed saga. I think that DC comics is a little desperate trying to match Marvel's success, that's all.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Just watched BvS yesterday night. It wasn't terrible at all. In fact, I kind of liked it. But I can see why the critics have been bashing it. The director made the mistake of trying to cram too many things in too little time, and so had to use heavy editing.

I think that the movie's purpose was to sow the seeds of what comes next, which promises to be a very well developed saga. I think that DC comics is a little desperate trying to match Marvel's success, that's all.
If you want a movie that does not take the super hero aspect too seriously, watch Deadpool. Best line of the movie,
Deadpool: "why should I talk to him?"
Bartender, "It might extend the plot."

The movie is full of quick sarcastic quips about making superhero movies, the decisions of people in superhero movies and the superhero simply talking to the camera about all those things - even in the middle of R-rated fight scenes or other R-Rated stuff I was not expecting from a superhero movie. The funniest movie I've seen in a few years.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
If you want a movie that does not take the super hero aspect too seriously, watch Deadpool. Best line of the movie,
Deadpool: "why should I talk to him?"
Bartender, "It might extend the plot."

The movie is full of quick sarcastic quips about making superhero movies, the decisions of people in superhero movies and the superhero simply talking to the camera about all those things - even in the middle of R-rated fight scenes or other R-Rated stuff I was not expecting from a superhero movie. The funniest movie I've seen in a few years.
Deadpool is definitely in my soon-to-be-watched list... thanks for sharing

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I'm just waiting for reasonable quality pirated recordings to hit the internet so I can download them. :D
Buy a Fire TV Stick. You then need a wifi connection and computer. The stick is ~$40 and even though they say you need to get the Amazon subscription to go with it, you don't need it. There are other sites that work with Fire stick at no cost. My son gave my wife one and hooked it up for her. All the latest movies for free!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-stick/9999119.p?id=1219460752591

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I just download with Torrentz or similar share system through a secure server service. ;)

I download with one of my computers into my main movie archive then put the movie on a USB stick and watch it on my start TV.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Got copies of both last night plus season 6 of The venture Bros as well. :D

Now to see what sort of quality the pirate movie copies are. :rolleyes:

We use the Fire stick (also USB) and Genesis. The Fire stick and wifi allow streaming directly to the TV.
Yea for that I just plug one of my laptops into the big TV and set it up as an external monitor.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
Went and watched Deadpool on Wednesday.Opinion? i guess its ok. Usual action type film where goodies never get shot by baddies firing thousands of rounds at them. Plot is a bit strange. Usual goodie has to to rescue stuff.
I only went to cos (1) I had a free pass (2) guy at work reckoned it was good(but he has weird taste) and (3) there was nothing else on worth seeing(in my view).
Superman Vs Batman? I would bet on a sure thing, Superman why? He can fly, has X-ray vision, cannot be shot,
is truly superhuman(from Krypton). Batman has no show.
I see they are now promoting Captain Marvel vs Iron Man. What gives with Hollywood. Have they run out of evil genius's to battle Surely there are enough bad guys to go around for all the heros to overcome.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Here's a BvS review by a respectable source that seems to think the movie is rather good:

"Here at last is the sadistic, fascistic, half-crazed vigilante that comic fans have been waiting for. When he is in costume, he is an imposingly bulky, down-and-dirty brawler who has no qualms about flinging crooks through the walls of derelict houses, or branding them with a bat-shaped iron: for once, you can believe that criminals might actually be frightened of him, rather than laughing at his rubber suit and his growly voice."