Super fast blinking RGB LED - where?

N0ctrnl

Joined Aug 14, 2009
Bear with me here as this might be a tad bit difficult to explain...

I'm looking for some 5mm RGB LEDs that have built in ICs that basically make them "strobe" super fast. They appear to be a sparkling white when they're sitting still, but when you move them quickly you can see that they actually flash RGB. I've looked all over trying to find them, and I even thought I found a place that had them (ETG), but no luck when I called them.

Does anybody have any idea where these LEDs come from? I'm sure there has to be a few manufacturers that produce them, but like I said, I'm coming up with nada.

I'll be forever in debt to anybody that can help me find these! :)

Thanks!

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Bear with me here as this might be a tad bit difficult to explain...

I'm looking for some 5mm RGB LEDs that have built in ICs that basically make them "strobe" super fast. They appear to be a sparkling white when they're sitting still, but when you move them quickly you can see that they actually flash RGB. I've looked all over trying to find them, and I even thought I found a place that had them (ETG), but no luck when I called them.

Does anybody have any idea where these LEDs come from? I'm sure there has to be a few manufacturers that produce them, but like I said, I'm coming up with nada.

I'll be forever in debt to anybody that can help me find these! :)

Thanks!
I have one of those LED's (when sitting still it looks white, and when moved in different directions, you can actually see the Blue, green or red, depending on what angle you are to it.), that I had salvaged from another item, BUT, it is not a standard RGB LED, it you look at it closely you can see 3 individual LEDs inside the "Clear dome", and they are attached onto a "black blob" IC, these seem to be some kind of proprietary LED from some chinese manufacturer...... I had tried to search for them myself and can not find any sources (I have been looking since last year!) even contacted different LED manufacturers...still nothing like what I have.......

But I did find these RGB Flashing LEDS >>>> http://www.shopled.com/order-RGB-leds.htm , I am not sure if the flash rate is the same as your strobe, or if all colors flash at once or 1 at a time.....

My .02