Super Cheap LED's

MusicTech

Joined Apr 4, 2008
anyone have a site where I can get LED's for like less than 15 cents each? the smaller the LED's better, probably around 1.8-2mm, but please tell me about anything. I am buying semi-bulk (~100pcs). Please tell me where you get your cheapest LED's.

~THanks.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If they don't state a discount most places will give you quote. I've bought quantity from BG Micro before like that.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
If you do not need the brightness to be the same on all of them, you can get lots of 100 direct from the Far East on ebay for under a dime each with shipping. I got some a while back, they all work if you don't use them next to each other (matrix sign, for example). Slight color/brightness differences really show up. If they are a distance apart, or have other colors between them, it isn't as noticeable.

If you would like reliability and relatively consistent units, the price per unit is above your target until you are ordering in lots of 10k+.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
http://www.besthongkong.com/index.php?cPath=75_1_52&osCsid=5938b4fb9c1240e18c9c7fb5a6cc8b86

Ordered from here many times, pretty good company. Don't remember seeing anything smaller than 3mm, but never had a need to look. Prices are a little more than you stated, but shipping is reasonable, cheap compared to Ebay, and a lot of north american companies. The products are of good quality, yet to get DOA or damaged, short or mispicked items. Have even gotten a few freebies. Don't know much about their customer service, except they keep you updated. If they don't have an item instock, they ship it later (free). Mine came about a week after the main part of my order arrived last time. This is good chinese.