Super Bowl Sunday

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Who's going to win the Super Bowl. Do you have any money on the

game. What will be the score. How many countries will be watching.

I'm having my super coffee already. What are you doing.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Good morning Metal , good to find some one awake ,we have our own channel.

Its amazing how easy it can be to communicate, the new world.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Baltimore is kickin major ass........:(;):D
I was forced to watch it. But, from the best I can tell, when the lights went out that's when Baltimores defense lost all their energy.

In addition the next hotly debated holding call.

With SF 7 yards away.

Clearly not kicking major ars, but is the very reason I don't care for professional games.

To much money to be made in it. (Gambling)

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Maybe the lights were being run by Baltimore's energy. The Ravens nearly let it slip away. They did nothing in the 2nd half, after the kickoff return.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I was half-heartedly rooting for the 49ers. Didn't get much into the game until about half way through when they started making a comeback. Got so close a few times.

Overall it was a good game. No, I didn't put any money on it--I'm not a gambling man. Was just a fun one to watch, and the final score was excellent--34-31. I'm happy with that.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I was half-heartedly rooting for the 49ers. Didn't get much into the game until about half way through when they started making a comeback. Got so close a few times.

Overall it was a good game. No, I didn't put any money on it--I'm not a gambling man. Was just a fun one to watch, and the final score was excellent--34-31. I'm happy with that.
One of my fellow Tech's who follows football at little said, I'm glad the 49r's didn't win. I'm sick and tired of hearing about them.

Last time Balt won was 1991. About time:D

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Naw... the Ravens won in 2001. Last time the 'niners won was back in 1995.
Long history of being in the "limelight"

Super Bowl XVI was a sight to behold. Thousands of 49er fans desperately clamored for tickets to see the 49ers first chance at a world championship. The scene in Pontiac, where the temperature was minus 27 degrees with the windchill, was laughable. San Franciscans, with nothing warmer in their wardrobe than a London Fog raincoat, wandered around in Arctic conditions, shivering but uncomplaining. They were just happy to be there, and they were rewarded. When the 49ers walked away with a 26-21 victory, grown men stood in the aisles at the Silverdome with tears of joy shamelessly running down their cheeks.
By the time the 49ers got their second Super Bowl ring in 1985, most of the starting cast had changed. The main cogs were still in place with Joe Montana and Dwight Clark, but now they had a backfield. And in the Super Bowl at Stanford Stadium, Roger Craig stole the show by scoring three touchdowns.

San Francisco returned to the Super Bowl again in January 1989, but this time it was Jerry Rice who captured everyone's attention. A year earlier, he scored 23 touchdowns en route to the NFL Player-of-the-Year award. Playing in his first Super Bowl, Rice was ready to set the world on fire. At any rate, Rice's big play capability and Montana's last minute heroics ensured the 49ers of a 20-16 Super Bowl win over the Cincinnati Bengals. Rice was named Super Bowl MVP catching 11 passes for 215 yards, a Super Bowl record.

"Super Bowl champions don't repeat."

That's what every football insider had been saying since the Pittsburgh Steelers won consecutive titles back in the 1970's. And, perhaps, that made Bill Walsh think twice about staying on as the 49ers coach. A week after winning Super Bowl XXIII, he turned the reins over to George Seifert.

Seifert was ready for the challenge as he guided the 49ers to their fourth Super Bowl win in 1990 with a dominating 55-10 defeat of the Denver Broncos. Through it all, Seifert provided a steadying influence. But he got help from several key players, two of whom were eventually inducted into Pro Football's Hall of Fame in Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott in 2000. Montana was the Super Bowl MVP that year, for a record third time. Montana completed 22 of 29 passes for 297 yards and a Super Bowl-record five touchdowns.

The 1994 San Francisco 49ers completed one of the most impressive seasons in NFL history by capturing their NFL-record fifth Super Bowl championship at Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami. San Francisco defeated the San Diego Chargers 49-26 in Super Bowl XXIX to put the finishing touches on a 16-3 season and win an unprecedented fifth Vince Lombardi Trophy.