Summing powers from different voltage sources...?

tsjmattar

Joined Jan 26, 2012
I am trying to built a circuit (physically). In this circuit, I am trying to sum up the powers provided by multiple voltage sources (e.g a small solar panel, small manual-magnetic generator and an outlet and/or any other sources of different specifications). The sum will then be inputted into a storage unit (e.g. battery).

What component(s) should I use to be able to sum what the sources give?
In another word, what IC component allow summing up the power supplied by multiple sources at the same time?

PaulEE

Joined Dec 23, 2011
I am trying to built a circuit (physically). In this circuit, I am trying to sum up the powers provided by multiple voltage sources (e.g a small solar panel, small manual-magnetic generator and an outlet and/or any other sources of different specifications). The sum will then be inputted into a storage unit (e.g. battery).

What component(s) should I use to be able to sum what the sources give?
In another word, what IC component allow summing up the power supplied by multiple sources at the same time?
Generally speaking, you'd regulate each output such that all voltages are equivalent; then, upon hooking it up to a load, each regulator will allot (ideally) equal currents from each device...