suitable RF module

bagion

Joined Apr 26, 2014
Hi friends.
I'm going to purchase RF products that would be applicable in my proposal.
In my working area as attached image, top of the cranes are subjected to collide together due to operator limited visibility
I want to use RF technology for obstacle detection applications.so, I need Transceivers (10meter range) in top of the cranes. If cranes move toward other,they will be aware.

1)According to industrial and noisy environment, what are suitable product ?
2)How make spherical coverage around module?(i heard about omni
directional antenna)
help me plz.
best Regards

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi friends.
I'm going to purchase RF products that would be applicable in my proposal.
In my working area as attached image, top of the cranes are subjected to collide together due to operator limited visibility
I want to use RF technology for obstacle detection applications.so, I need Transceivers (10meter range) in top of the cranes. If cranes move toward other,they will be aware.

1)According to industrial and noisy environment, what are suitable product ?
2)How make spherical coverage around module?(i heard about omni
directional antenna)
help me plz.
best Regards
You might want to take a moment and consider the legal liability you are letting yourself in for if you build something that is clearly not in your area of competence and they get installed on the top of some cranes and those cranes end up colliding.

bagion

Joined Apr 26, 2014
You might want to take a moment and consider the legal liability you are letting yourself in for if you build something that is clearly not in your area of competence and they get installed on the top of some cranes and those cranes end up colliding.
thats right.
but,the crane's operator takes the final decision, and he is responsible for what hapenning. my proposal just help to take a better decision.
please give me any idea to implement my proposal

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
thats right.
but,the crane's operator takes the final decision, and he is responsible for what hapenning. my proposal just help to take a better decision.
please give me any idea to implement my proposal
Don't think that that will provide you much protection. Anyone can sue anyone, especially if you are in the U.S.. Lawyers make good money getting juries to find people at fault and liable that have absolutely no rational culpability at all. You -- and whoever owns the cranes -- are taking a hell of a risk. Just imagine how it is going to play to a jury after something happens and it is pointed out that the operators made their decision in part based on the information that this system provided to them and that the system was designed and built by someone that had absolutely no clue about or experience with such systems. Even if your system worked perfectly as advertised, there's a good chance that the jury will find you at least partly liable.

PRFGADGET

Joined Aug 8, 2011
hawklevel products are for industrial application but they have narrow beam.
Thats why I said "CONTACT THE COMPANY".

Some years ago we had some very large cranes on site doing lift,s , they had TV Cameras mounted at the trunion head for just such a purpose.