Suggestions to controller board

edmundopt

Joined May 4, 2011
This is a bi-stepper controller board, or it will be, I've simple versions of this but I'm interested going up to 44v at one stepper , for now I use 24v, to go up to 44v I believe that voltage spikes cannot go up to 50v so I've added 44v clamping and the diodes, so far short-circuit protection and current decay is no interest!

So my questions are :

1) I think that the diodes SB560(Schottky 5amp 60v) are used before the snuber RC network correct ?

2) There's no mentioning about the CAP on the sense pins in the AN280 by ST, anyway I've found many schematics with them, is there a formula to calculate them ? I believe they are a T(seconds) = R(ohms)xC(farads), correct?

3) Can the L6203 be powered with open connections on it's logic, more specific can the L6203 be powered with the L297(mistake L298) powered down ?

4) Except for the optocoupler, witch are 6n137, the resistor 10k is for stability and the cap is intended to be placed at (+) and GND , did I miss something ? :) (of course I did...)

5) should I connect the sync pin to ground if not intended to use other boards, I think it stays open..

sorry about my English..

Attachments

Last edited:

edmundopt

Joined May 4, 2011
Hello stahta01

because I do not yet know how to design components with Proteus Isis, I use a generic package OPTOCOUPLER_NAND, and then wire it up correctly..

The optocoupler is connected to a PNP BC557C witch switches on/off the L297(mistaken with L298)

Here's is the schematic for the 6N137, the R is the 10k resistor, it a kind of pull up resistor, because the PIN6 stays floating, with the resistor PIN6 stays positive until 15mA flow through the emitter(pin2) and then PIN6 stays with 0.15volts

So you have PIN6 = Vcc or 0.15volts

Attachments