sub-woofer for desktop

ranatungawk

Joined Oct 30, 2008
Dear friends please give me a hint …

I need to build a sub-woofer (only a sub-woofer) for my desktop PC.

• Please send me simple circuit which works with 12V (Low-pass + Power amp for woofer speaker 5’’). No need high quality one.
  • tell me to where should I connect this ? because I need to connect this with existing desktop speakers.

Regards

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
1. We will not do your homework for you. However, you might want to search for the following - push pull amplifier (class A and class AB), RC low-pass filters, and op-amp feedback.

2. There is usually a green audio out connector on the back of the PC.

Robert.Adams

Joined Feb 16, 2010
2. There is usually a green audio out connector on the back of the PC.
I think his issue is that he wants to use it with his existing desktop speakers that are occupying the audio out. I guess that could be achievable by splicing into the connector, Low passing into your amplifier and subwoofer.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I think his issue is that he wants to use it with his existing desktop speakers that are occupying the audio out. I guess that could be achievable by splicing into the connector, Low passing into your amplifier and subwoofer.
Some PCs also have a Sub/Center channel for surround sound speakers. The connector is black or brown. Some sound cards or software then use this channel as a low frequency effects channel, so your sub would work properly without a low pass.

ranatungawk

Joined Oct 30, 2008
dear friends;

i found following circuit from one of my friends. Please tell me can i fulfill my requirement by this ?

as i can see the is only simple amp .. is this included both of low-pass and the amp ?

Attachments

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
i made a homemade woofer for my tv and computer.

parts old woofer speaker case and speaker.
an amplifer and adaptor from a set of old pc speakers.
a filter cap from a power supply.

on mine i installed the amp knob through where the terminal plate used to be. coneected the filter cap in sieries between one of the speaker leads and the AMPs output. (this helps some but does not filter out all oft the non woofer noise.)

to plug in 2 speakers in 1 jack you A need to splice them together or b go to an electronics store and get a 1-2 port eaphone jack adaptor.