Stripboard layout program

liteace

Joined Mar 7, 2012
Hi All does anyone know of a good freeish-ware program for stripboard layout, as this is only a 3 projects per year hobby for me I dont really want to pay a fortune for it. I used to start at the edge and work inwards then when finished I did not have any room to put any holes to mount the circuit board, I now start in the middle but its still not very tidy

Thanks

liteace

Joined Mar 7, 2012
Hi, I dont want to keep asking as I feel like Im just taking and not giving anything back.
Im having a little trouble with a couple of these Ive downloaded, I have been sitting for hours trying to work out what these programs do, I thought maybe I could draw a circuit, then add it and it would auto place all components on the stripboard but I think that is asking a little to much

Thanks

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
I've used VeeCAD - http://veecad.com/ - with some success, with KCad for drawing the schematic.

You have to layout the board yourself and you must assign parts in the schematic. But there are some tutorials and I find it easier to draw and check a schematic and then VeeCad will tell you if there are issues with the board layout.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
A piece of paper with lines on it? Works like a charm. :)

And apologies for suggesting a non-software solution.
I started like that, myself.

Later I looked for software and after testing some with no advantage I returned to paper and Corel Draw to have the final sketch printed out.

Even Eagle could be used. Explained somewhere in the Web.