strain measurement

satyaeee247

Joined Jan 10, 2013
Hi,

I am doing a project on Strain gauge sensor, I want to measure the power from the applied strain and I am using OMEGA SGT-3/700-FB13 full bridge strain gauge

I have the following information

model : SGT-3/700-FB13,
Resistances: 700 ohms,
Gauge Factor: 2.02

I am mounting it on shaft on either side, Can anyone please suggest me with the type of amplifier I have to use to amplify the analog voltage.

If anyone already have circuit diagram, can you please post me

Thank you

satyaeee247

Joined Jan 10, 2013
Hi,

I am doing a project on Strain gauge sensor, I want to measure the power from the applied strain and I am using OMEGA SGT-3/700-FB13 full bridge strain gauge

I have the following information

model : SGT-3/700-FB13,
Resistances: 700 ohms,
Gauge Factor: 2.02

I am mounting it on shaft on either side, Can anyone please suggest me with the type of instrumentation amplifier I have to use to amplify the analog voltage.

If anyone already have circuit diagram, can you please post me

Thank you

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
SATYaEEE247,

You are hijacking ARIDASS's thread.

Please start a new thread with your question. I realize both are about strain guages but we will all get confused when new people start answering, we will not know whose problems are addressed or under discussion. It would be best to post your question on a new thread and then come back and delete your thread here.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Here is good free source http://www.analog.com/en/content/cu_dh_designers_guide_to_instrumentation_amps/fca.html
One more thing to mention. Do NOT try to build one your self. instrumentation amplifiers require a grade of precession. So any instrumentation amplifier built by discrete components will be inferior to any commercial built. However building one just for some basic research is OK. As I have experienced that instrumentation amplifiers are somewhat more fragile than OPAMPS. They tend to fry more often then you are on the wrong side of the specification.