Strain gauge or Load cell

Which is the best sensor to sense whether the person is seated on the seat or not

• Strain gauge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Load cell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rabhishek91

Joined Feb 14, 2013
Hi.:)i am new to this forum and this is my first post. Please bear with me if there is any mistakes.

I am doing a small project (Seat Belt Monitoring system)wherein i need to sense whether the person is seated or not.
The easiest way to do this is by monitoring pressure on the seat.i.e the person weight(As per my knowledge). If a person is seated then his weight adds up and the sensor is activated.
So for this purpose which sensor will work for me. Strain gauge is a good option but Strain gauges have limited weight handling capabilities(upto 10kg).
Load cell is not a good option cause it is a huge one and not feasible.

The main idea is to check whether the person is seated or not and transfer that information to ATmega32A.

I searched for other options and i could not find any. :confused:Please let me know your suggestion. Also tell me if you know any alternative way to do this .

rabhishek91

Joined Feb 14, 2013
Thank you sir. I got to know how stuffs work in realtime. As mine is a small project i can't afford 75$ sensor. My project is just a prototype and accuracy really don't matter. So, can i have any alternative to this sir ?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Fact is, you are in violation.

The owners of All About Circuits has elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

You might find answers to your questions in one of these forums:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

Another good forum that shares many of the same membership is http://www.electro-tech-online.com/ . Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.