Storage Solution

nDever

Joined Jan 13, 2011
Hey Guys,

I am looking for a storage solution for my electronics components. As I have seen, I assume that most of you use drawers in store your electronic components. What else would you guys suggest for the division of resistors, caps, ICs, etc. Do you use one type of containment for everything?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
There's a thread on this in the Completed Projects area or the Resources area; can't remember which.

I keep ICs stuck in conductive foam in small plastic 3"x4" bags, labelled, and in shallow drawers.
I have transistors in smaller 2x3 plastic bags, sorted by part# in shallow drawers. MOSFETs get conductive foam.
Paper coin envelopes are handy for storing small ceramic caps and misc resistors. I write the value along the top edge in pencil. They stand up in a Kraft(tm) Velveeta(tm) cardboard box.

nDever

Joined Jan 13, 2011
There's a thread on this in the Completed Projects area or the Resources area; can't remember which.

I keep ICs stuck in conductive foam in small plastic 3"x4" bags, labelled, and in shallow drawers.
I have transistors in smaller 2x3 plastic bags, sorted by part# in shallow drawers. MOSFETs get conductive foam.
Paper coin envelopes are handy for storing small ceramic caps and misc resistors. I write the value along the top edge in pencil. They stand up in a Kraft(tm) Velveeta(tm) cardboard box.
Good idea, I had never thought of the cardboard box.