STM32F7 + hardware neural network

ElektroSamo

Joined Jan 24, 2020
Hi guys,
I was wondering if there are people interested in artificial inteligence computed on embedded devices? Recently i have found a smart chip for accelerating neural networks produced by a Korean company called NM500 (datasheet) and i am trying to play with it. I have found that the NM500 uses 16bit parallel bus and the manufacturer is using fpga as a interface to this bus. I find this quite limiting, because there is no easy way how to implement this chip without their fpga to my PCB designs.

Thats why i have decided to programm a small C library form STM32 which uses DMA and standard GPIO to communicate with NM500 at full speed. Now i am creating a small developement kit (arduino footprint compatiblie), with STM32F7, three NM500, SD card, 128mb ram and camera interface
pro.png
I was wondering, since i havent found any posts about this chip in the forums if there are others interested in it? I am thinking of maybe going public with my kit and c library. And maybe try to sell it for reasonable price, but i dont know if there are others who will find a use for it.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Note that this thread was started 3 months ago and TS has only responded once.

While TS is entitled to seek out the level of interest, TS will be prohibited from actively soliciting customers on AAC via links, advertisement or otherwise.