stereo input ADC

ransiluj

Joined Nov 14, 2012
hi all!!
i want to convert the output of the microphone using dspic through stereo jack. I'm using mikro C pro for dspic. in stereo jack there are 3 pins. i have to convert both left and right pins to take the clear voice from microphone? how can i do this? please help me to ADC conversion.

dspi = dspic30f3011

thank you

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It would be helpful if you defined: what microphone? What is dspic? Are you really trying to control a motor with an audio signal? Why do you think you need to use a stereo signal to get a clear voice signal? What do you want the motor to do when a voice signal is detected?

I expect there is more relevant information, but I don't know enough to ask the right questions.

ransiluj

Joined Nov 14, 2012
It would be helpful if you defined: what microphone? What is dspic? Are you really trying to control a motor with an audio signal? Why do you think you need to use a stereo signal to get a clear voice signal? What do you want the motor to do when a voice signal is detected?

I expect there is more relevant information, but I don't know enough to ask the right questions.
i'm doing noise suppression and communication. I have headphone with microphone. Things that i talk through mic should transfer to dspic through stereo jack and send it through bluetooth to the other person who have same device like mine. So I'm stuck in the my voice transferring to dspic part.

I have an idea of how to make analog circuit between stereo jack and dspic using voltage dividers but i have no idea about how to ADC the output of the microphone. please help me.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Your PIC has only one ADC and it is 10 bit only. 10 bit is not enough for audio. In this case I would recommend using some external audio ADC in the range of 14 to 16 bits. Also if you have a headset with microphone. I doubt that stereo is used for the microphone

ransiluj

Joined Nov 14, 2012
Your PIC has only one ADC and it is 10 bit only. 10 bit is not enough for audio. In this case I would recommend using some external audio ADC in the range of 14 to 16 bits. Also if you have a headset with microphone. I doubt that stereo is used for the microphone
um using samsung stereo headset SHS-100V/W

this is the headphone output jack http://i.stack.imgur.com/zluWE.gif

what if i use stereo to mono jack and do the adc part? using same dspic30f3011?