Starting a business of PIR intrusion detectors on large scale

Metalica

Joined Aug 1, 2010
Ok so i have finally found a working model that is best for what i am trying to do here but since i want to create such systems on large scales (Starting my own company and doing Business)

The design is simple

Pack of 4 AAA batteries supply voltage to it > PIR sensor detects motion > Output is taken from PIR and fed to a transistor > A bicycle Siren is used to repel intruder as sounder.
pir-sensor-alarm-circuit.png
Please some one tell me what i might be doing wrong here, apart from i want to be as simple as possible to avoid costs/ unit...

Metalica

Joined Aug 1, 2010
Where is the on/off switch? How long does the buzzer buzz? Does each one need turned off/on each day?
Its not in the circuit, but present in the design.
The buzzer will buzz as long as the intruder is in its range.
The PIR will have an LDR which will only activate it in night time.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Met,
A pack of 4, AAA batteries [ if they are Alkaline etc] will only provide a nominal 6V, when fresh. not 9V.
Will the PIR module be a ready made unit.?
What is the specification of the buzzer, ie: voltage/current.?

E
BTW: a PIR sensor is easily defeated by using a black aerosol spray.!, so consider the mounting location.

Metalica

Joined Aug 1, 2010
hi Met,
A pack of 4, AAA batteries [ if they are Alkaline etc] will only provide a nominal 6V, when fresh. not 9V.
Will the PIR module be a ready made unit.?
What is the specification of the buzzer, ie: voltage/current.?

E
BTW: a PIR sensor is easily defeated by using a black aerosol spray.!, so consider the mounting location.
Hi dear.
I agree its a 9 volt system so can i use a 9 volt battery for powering it up?

is it okay to use 9v standard battery for powering them all like the PIR, Passive circuits, and Siren all of them ?

I want to use this bicycle sounder as siren.

https://www.daraz.pk/6-sounds-super...0e.searchlist.list.11.775c8a42LY9gN9&search=1

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
If it is this type of PIR module, it will work from 5v thru 20v. Ref this PDF
What is the specification of the buzzer.?
A PP3 style 9v battery is OK.
E

Attachments

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
Just a few months ago I bought a pack of two shed alarms that run off 4 AAA batteries with remote controls at a local hardware store for £10. they are very loud and have good sensitivity, so as mentioned above, hardly worth the effort to make them.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Please some one tell me what i might be doing wrong here...
Not doing your marketing homework.

Success at business can be accomplished in many ways but stepping into a market that is already crowded limits your options. You cannot win by being the volume leader with the lowest costs. Someone already has that position. You cannot win with novel technology because you don't have any. About the only paths still open are marketing considerations such as the device aesthetics, the packaging, your distribution channel and your sales strategies. Your competitors have all of these in place but you might be able to out-hustle them in your local region. A hardworking paperboy can sell more than a lazy one.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Please some one tell me what i might be doing wrong here
PIR sensors are directional. They can be defeated by covering them and turning off the alarm.

Have you determined how large your potential market and market share are? Will you be price, esthetically competitive?

Will people even buy your product? Bike locks have been available for a long time. People who worry about theft already have and use one. Few people would risk bodily harm to stop someone from stealing a bike unless it belonged to them or someone they knew.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
There is an old American saying. "Putting your car before your horse". Hate to rain on your parade (another old saying ;) ) but you haven't even given thought about the horse let alone giving thought as to which goes first.

Colin55

Joined Aug 27, 2015
Let him go ahead and invest $100,000.

He is like my friend who wanted to make CFL's some 20 years ago because they were over $8.00.
I told him you could not make them and allow a shop to sell them for $8.00
A few years later these CFL's sold for $2.50 !!!

I belong to the INVENTORS ASSOCIATION.
I see brainless ideas every month from new inventors. And they have already spent tens of thousands of dollars on prototypes and Patents. Not one inventor has reached the market in the past 6 years.

Metalica

Joined Aug 1, 2010
That's a great idea ... but someone already had it 10 years ago ..

Put "PIR with alarm" in eBay and you'll find a 100 different designs already on the market starting from $5.
Dear i am starting it in a country where there is no eBay support, no online presence of such companies. Huge market to capture and huge business opportunities because of shops, homes intruded on daily basis.
In all of the country i'll be the only person(as for as i know) who has thought to make such device and sell it...
I have invested some money and started manufacturing the device with my own diy prototype that i designed.
If any body wants to capture a market of 197 million people where a fraction of the population knows that such device exists or such device is even available online or in stores, then it means a huge chance to do business if you understand the value here then do contact me. Its a great business venture and a great chance to earn big and be successful entrepreneur. I have setup or in the process of creating a small scale manufacturing plant and do marketing and sell the devices in this market.

Last edited by a moderator:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Just curious......do you get many false alarms due to pets, livestock, birds and even maybe insects?

What country or region is this?

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Dear i am starting it in a country where there is no eBay support, no online presence of such companies. Huge market to capture and huge business opportunities because of shops, homes intruded on daily basis.
In all of the country i'll be the only person(as for as i know) who has thought to make such device and sell it...
I have invested some money and started manufacturing the device with my own diy prototype that i designed.
If any body wants to capture a market of 197 million people where a fraction of the population knows that such device exists or such device is even available online or in stores, then it means a huge chance to do business if you understand the value here then do contact me. Its a great business venture and a great chance to earn big and be successful entrepreneur. I have setup or in the process of creating a small scale manufacturing plant and do marketing and sell the devices in this market.
Search for a similar product in China, import and sell.
If you order enough of them, they might even build a version just for you.

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
In that case best to buy in bulk from China .... Look at this one from Ebay 7 Euros including delivery ....( probably 4 Euros each direct from manufacturer in bulk)
Two remotes to turn it on and off ... How can you possibly compete with that price ??? just the injection molding master molds for the white plastic cases would cost 100,000 Euros to set up .

The companies behind such products have a team of experts and state of the art design and manufacturing .. they can only achieve such price by cheap labor and selling 10's Millions of units .

Best to test a few different designs , and bulk order the one which works best .

Last edited: