Starting a business of PIR intrusion detectors on large scale

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
In that case best to buy in bulk from China .... Look at this one from Ebay 7 Euros including delivery ....( probably 4 Euros each direct from manufacturer in bulk)
Two remotes to turn it on and off ... How can you possibly compete with that price ??? just the injection molding master molds for the white plastic cases would cost 100,000 Euros to set up .

The companies behind such products have a team of experts and state of the art design and manufacturing .. they can only achieve such price by cheap labor and selling 10's Millions of units .

Best to test a few different designs , and bulk order the one which works best .
Agreed, but the injection mold tooling for the whole kit is more like USD $5000.00~ China Price. ( I buy tooling frequently)
If you can buy it for 7 Euros, they are probably ~ 2 Euros in bulk.

Metalica

Joined Aug 1, 2010
You people have changed my mind, though i have all the tools and parts on order to be arrived soon but i do have to think again in the future. I now have to dig deep into Ali express which is supported in our region, ebay is not supported here....
But this way i will only be an importer of a specific product not a manufacturer which i always wanted to be. And with this here goes my dream of being a small scale manufacturer..
Any way i have found out that i can never beat the /unite price those chines manufacturers are offering even with shipping included.
This is China's way of dominating the world...danm...

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
You people have changed my mind, though i have all the tools and parts on order to be arrived soon but i do have to think again in the future. I now have to dig deep into Ali express which is supported in our region, ebay is not supported here....
But this way i will only be an importer of a specific product not a manufacturer which i always wanted to be. And with this here goes my dream of being a small scale manufacturer..
Any way i have found out that i can never beat the /unite price those chines manufacturers are offering even with shipping included.
This is China's way of dominating the world...danm...
Be a trader first, then when you know what you are doing- THEN become a manufacturer.
Making and selling are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS !!

Sell first, make later.

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
If you can buy it for 7 Euros, they are probably ~ 2 Euros in bulk.
I'll take your word for it Sensa .... It's truly amazing ,, most gadgets like this even have batteries , at least in the remote controls ,, complex circuitry .. lots of work goes into it , all for a few Euros...

Compare this with PV panels which are very easy to manufacture ... input materials sand mostly .... cost of materials for a 100W panel less then $10 ... yet they sell for $50 bulk ... a true PV panel price could literally transform the world ... I suspect back room agreements .. politics!