SR latch help

kirit

Joined Sep 9, 2008
Hi, I basically finished my first semester back at school. :) THink i did pretty good for an old dog. Anyways, one of the topics that was interesting that came up in Digital Systems was SR Latch, but because the semester was pretty much closed it got barely any time, I mean almost no time. The book for the course does a pretty piss poor job of covering it and the few mentions of it only I found were not much better.

Does anyone know of a few example problems that go through step by step on how to solve it? Thanks. Im not in a big rush, just wanted to learn this and flip flops over the next months break.

kirit

kirit

Joined Sep 9, 2008
Hi hgmjr, Ive actually read that and the 2-3 pages after that one. I even looked through the worksheets, but still am confused about them. What I was hoping for was a problem description and then showing how to make the proper truth tables to design the circuitry. Ive found many places that talk about SR latches but really dont show how to go from a description to the circuit. Am I asking for too much? I tend to learn more from going through examples.

kirit

Joined Sep 9, 2008
I guess Id have to say a lack in confidence in implementing it. Can you think of a problem that I might try out, that way you can check if i have the concept down. thanks.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Are you aware that a S-R Latch can be made out of 2 NOR gates or you can make one out of 2 NAND gates?

hgmjr