Square Root Implementation Help

zubizaretta

Joined May 13, 2013
Hi , I have designed a Non-Restoring Square Root circuit which roots 4 bit numbers. It works perfectly on Multisim. Transfered it to Ultiboard. Have no DRC errors. Ready to be a PCB but I am still stressed that , could Ultiboard made a mistake while autorouting or can It be able to work in real life? Sınce this is my homework I am stressed.

I am attaching the Multisim file and Ultiboard file. I would love to have some advice.

Attachments

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I am still stressed that , could Ultiboard made a mistake while autorouting or can It be able to work in real life? Sınce this is my homework I am stressed.
Typically the connectivity is good as you can check that with the design rule checker. Same for spacing as long but only as your rule set is simple.

I've found in professional settings a PCB needs somewhere between 2 and 3 spins to come out as something acceptable, and perfection is not possible. This number doesn't seem to correlate to how many people give the design a look.

The Thing that helps the most is printing out the layers and seeing if the physical parts fit on the footprints.

thx :) so this works perfectly fine on Multisim. would it also work in reality :)
If it doesn't work in Multisim it probably doesn't work in reality.
If it does work in Multisim it probably will work in reality.

That's why some people still simulate using the SOLDER program.

However... if you miss it your prof will probably also miss it in a homework assignment.