Spotlight Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gf0012-aust

Joined Dec 4, 2012
rather than create a new thread I thought I'd resurrect this as its a similar problem

I have a 5 pole Bosch 30 amp relay and an illuminated carling contura II single throw switch with 3 poles, switched poles 2 and 3 and pole 7 which nominally is the earth

the spotlights are wired into the high beam switch (legal req in australia)
poles 2 and 3 on the carling appear to be an earth connection as the switch will only illuminate (and stays on whether switch on/off) if a positive feed is applied to pole 7

pole 30 on the bosch goes to + battery
poles 85 and 86 are switched through to pole 3 on the carling. 86 (can't confirm) would appear to connected to High Beam main headlights as req'd under road rules)
pole 3 on the carling goes to the vehicle body
poles 87 x 2 are connected to the spotlights

does pole 7 on the carling need to be connected to High Beam to be activated or does it get added onto poles 87 on the relay?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Several things make this difficult. First, automotive modifications are forbidden on this site. Second, schematics were invented to make clear what you are trying to say with words, try to make a drawing. Third, I don't have an automotive relay schematic in my head, and you seem to have at least 2 different relays. Providing a drawing of those too, would help a lot. Fourth, you don't have a 5 pole relay, you have a relay with 5 connectors.

I could spend most of an hour trying to figure out the schematic and still get it wrong, or I can ask you to provide one in a .PNG format.

Now I will go poke Bill and ask if he saw the automotive aspect of your question. (He gets crabby with me if I break the rules.)

gf0012-aust

Joined Dec 4, 2012
I've just noticed the issue on automotive questions

I assume Bill has seen it as he moved it from another area.

Rather than irritate everyone it's probably easier for me to delete my registration and go elsewhere

all inadvertent and unintentional but didn't see the fury over auto questions until after I'd gone through the rego process and by that stage had already lodged the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.