Spice question

Jotto

Joined Apr 1, 2011
I am still trying to figure out how you make a file that you can post on the forum for a schematic. I can print it out but I can't seem to figure how to make it a file that I can post here. I have thought of just changing the file extension, but not sure that will work.

Jotto

Joined Apr 1, 2011
Actually its in Spice, under tools you just save it as another file just don't open it with spice. I used the wmf file extension, and now I can open it in any photo type program.

johndoe45

Joined Jan 30, 2010
or can do dxf to pdf converter

previous post or online for free
this one is my favorite
http://www.convertfiles.com/

Keeps your files secure and private. Uploaded files are destroyed immediately after being converted. They cannot be accessed by anyone. Converted files are kept on our servers for 24 hours and then they are destroyed by automated rules. Each link to a converted file is unique. It is made known only to the person who started the conversion. No links are accessible elsewhere. NEW: For increased security, you can delete your converted files yourself by clicking the "delete output file" option found right under the download link.

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I just bring up the schematic in the SPICE simulator, do a Ctrl+PrintScreen, and paste the image into MS Paint; then crop to suit, and save it as a .png file. It's really fast once you get used to doing it, and .png files are compact, not "lossy" like .jpg files, and require no other software than a browser to view them. Besides, you don't have to download/save the file to view it.

I am not fond of .doc files for uploading schematics. .pdf files are fine for datasheets, but kind of klunky for schematics.

I extracted the image from your Word document using Ctrl+PrintScreen and pasted it to Paint, did a minor edit and cropped it to suit.

Attachments

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
LTSpice
Tools
Copy bitmap to clipboard.

Paint
Paste
Save.

No time to find a resistor, sorry.

BTW, sending any document in .doc form is ridiculous nowadays (even big companies still do). A PDF is elegant, simple and may be shrinked to a great extent.

Sending a .doc to somebody denotes little consideration / appreciation to the addressee.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jotto

Joined Apr 1, 2011
I always thought there was a file clipboard, today I have found out that its not a file but basically a copy. No wonder I have spent years trying to find it and never could. haha.

Thanks SgtWookie

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Please use PDF files instead of clipboard files as thumb rule. And print from the ECAD application you are using. The result will be vector based graphics. Not some blurry bitmap picture