SPI software to hardware PIC 18F4620 and BMP280 (In Oshonsoft)

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
I'm having great difficulty understanding how PROCEDURES work, and a mate of mine has volunteered to explain one to one. (Does he know what he's getting himself into) :)

So for now I'll carry on without them.
C

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
I had a quick lesson in PROCEDURES, FUNCTIONS and INCLUDES yesterday.
Some of it must have gone in, as I made a working PROCEDURE today.
PIC1 SENDS test DATA to PIC2 which returns different test DATA. I can print it on a computer terminal, from the MAIN LOOP.
There are many loose ends, so I'll still go for lessons ;)
C.

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
I've attached the GPS, to the PCB and when the signal wire is disconnected and shown on a terminal it show correctly NMEA sentences.
When I connect it to the DATA switch input, it shows, see attched:
I'm tracing it through, and the CODE is all over the place, but can anyone let me know what they think causes this, please?
It's possible that two signals are being mixed!
C.

Attachments

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
hi,
A circuit showing the DATA switch and a Code clip would help.:rolleyes:
E
Hi E,
It's difficult to show the relevant CODE,as it's scattered in various places, here's the actual switch section. I've tried ON/OFF, but it's a bit tricky.
Here's the PCB (7)
I didn't want to get too detailed, at the moment anyway, more of a general what could cause it question.
C

Attachments

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi E,
It's difficult to show the relevant CODE,as it's scattered in various places, here's the actual switch section. I've tried ON/OFF, but it's a bit tricky.
Here's the PCB (7)
I didn't want to get too detailed, at the moment anyway, more of a general what could cause it question.
C
Hi E,
I've manually switched the DATASW to a none input PIN in the CODE, and it's now working, so the GPS DATA is now at the SWITCH PIN, just got to do something with the SWITCH.
Quite a few things have changed, since getting SPI to work between PIC1 and 2, so the program has to be reorganised.
Cheers, E.