Speedometer

u5Al3

Joined Dec 24, 2010
Hellowall;
I try to build speedometer by using AVR atmega16 .
using the logic 'read switch is press when it close to magnetic field '
a count in register and then this will shown on output.Any other if u know please sugges me .

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Must be 1,000 ways to do this. From your post it sounds as if you're wanting to use a reed switch and a magnet as the input to the circuit.

The trick will be to determine exactly what amount of closures of the switch equate to what speed. You can even do this in analog but it wouldn't be anywhere nearly as accurate. Are you dead set on using the Atmega chip? Might be some people in the programming section that will be able to figure out the simple code required but I think most around here are more familiar with the PIC series of microprocessor chips.

Sorry that I can't be of more help, the last actual machine code I wrote was for Z-80 and 6502 chips and it's been so long that I'd have to completely start over learning it.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Hellowall;
I try to build speedometer by using AVR atmega16 .
using the logic 'read switch is press when it close to magnetic field '
a count in register and then this will shown on output.Any other if u know please sugges me .
What problems are you experiencing with your design? Provide us with a schematic and some details on the system whose speed you are monitioring. I'm sure we can provide suggestions for you to consider.

hgmjr

u5Al3

Joined Dec 24, 2010
Hellow;
thanks to every one . Now i am working upon this logic ,making code and hardware as well ,if i find any problem then i will post with circuit and code.

If any one know another logic to count speed of vehicles in digits then plz reply

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Hellow;
thanks to every one . Now i am working upon this logic ,making code and hardware as well ,if i find any problem then i will post with circuit and code.

If any one know another logic to count speed of vehicles in digits then plz reply
The one thing that I would recommend is that you feed your speed rate signal into the ICP input on the ATMEGA16. ICP is the input capture pin. Internal to the ATMEGA16, this pin has a counter/timer capture register connected to it which will facilitate the accurate timing of the incoming signal.

hgmjr