speed sensor

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by stroaker1, May 4, 2013.

  1. stroaker1

    Thread Starter New Member

    May 4, 2013
    need help identifying component, I believe it is a transistor, it sits at the end of a motor which has disk on the end of the shaft that has 6 miniature magnets imbedded in it, the tip of the transistor is close to the disk and sends a signal to a motor controller, what I need to know if it is a transistor and where I can find one. see photo. there is a number stamp on it 30E
  2. tshuck

    Well-Known Member

    Oct 18, 2012
    It's a hall effect sensor, a pretty well toasted one at that!:eek:
  3. #12


    Nov 30, 2010
    Oh dear! That fellow has been hurt!
    The best you can do is look up Hall Effect transistors or sensors and try to buy one, then try to figure out which wire goes where. I use www.mouser.com to buy parts but their shipping charges are awfully high for a single transistor. Then there is the fact that nobody here can guess which wire goes where from the information you have presented.
    stroaker1 likes this.
  4. Dodgydave

    AAC Fanatic!

    Jun 22, 2012
    Hall effect sensor, there are a couple of types, uni-pole or multi-pole,
    looks like the wiring is red=+ve, black= gnd, green= output, which usually the same.
    stroaker1 and #12 like this.